Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Blue Angels Crash

UPDATE - Lt. Cmdr. Kevin Davis also took NASCAR Driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. on his celerity flight last year. The video is great, and funny at times, as Junior NEVER loses composure during the High-G manuevers up to about 7.6 Gs. I put the video of Dale Jr's flight at the bottom of this post. It's a MUST SEE!




I have sort of sat on this one but with my love of military flying I knew it would be just a matter of time before I had something to say about the crash of Blue Angel #6 on Saturday that killed the pilot Lt Kevin Davis.

Back in 1995 when I flew on a media flight with Thunderbirds I knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was one of the coolest things I had ever done. I still have the pictures, video and signed artwork from the team. I was a treasured day I will always remember.



Lt. Cmdr. Kevin Davis was the narrator for the Blue Angels in 2006 and that gave him the duty of flying #7 for the media and celebrity flights including taking American Idol Kelly Clarkson up over the skies of Texas last May.



(side note - Today(4/24) is Kelly's Birthday and MINE as well )

During a Google Search tonight I found a member of the media who had her media flight with the Blue Angels just last May.




1010 WINS reporter Mona Rivera flew with the Blue Angels and Lt. Cmdr. Kevin Davis in May 2006 when they performed on Long Island.



The in flight video of Mona's media ride will send a chill up your spine.



Also, an NBC Story about Lt. Cmdr. Davis...


And if you haven't ever seen my Thunderbirds video.....



DALE EARNHARDT JUNIOR BLUE ANGEL'S FLIGHT

No comments: