Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow Day 2009 - A NC Blizzard (sarcasm)

On my way back from Raleigh today in the heavy rain that has now turned to snow, I was listening to the NASCAR race from Sunny LasVegas when one of the PRN radio announcers who call NC home mentioned the impending winter weather. He jokingly called it "the Blizzard of 2009, that's what you call 2 inches of snow in North Carolina."

Snow

To me, that was funny, if only because it's true. I'm from here, but I don't fret the snow. Maybe one day I'll post video I have from when I was 14 and we'd pile into the family car during a snowstorm and drive around looking at the snowy sights.

Snow

My dad was a trucker and he could navigate the streets with care and ease. That probably set me in a perfect position to be a News Photographer because now when it snows, not only do I want to get out and see what's happening, I'm expected to.

Snow

So I'm giddy that we're getting some overdue snow. It's been since 2004 that we've had a really good "Blizzard". And this still may not be it. It's expected to add up to 7 inches in spots and we've already got 2 or so.

Snow

I'm gonna get some sleep so I can get out early.

1 comment:

sildenafil said...

I remember when I lived in Europe and all the days snow like these pictures , It was a great experience in my life.