Thursday, September 21, 2006

Trout Fishing for Homeless Soccer with Clean Hair

Ok, so I'm mixing stories in the title of this post, but with all that I've been doing lately it's no wonder.

Alot of a News Photographer's life is spent working on one story a day, one story at a time stories that are shot and put on the air on the same day...usually one package and a vosot or two. So when stories are shot and held several weeks before they are edited for air things can get confusing about which story is which.



I shot a story about a group of homeless men who play on a soccer team in Charlotte 2 weeks ago. It aired tonight at 10, I spent time editing this story on 6 consecutive days between shooting and editing other projects that had earlier, even same day air dates.

I spent the pre-dawn hours of Monday and Tuesday shooting a consumer story about dry shampoo that lets a person skip a day of hair washing the old fashioned, wet way.

And on Monday, after my predawn shoot, I shot a cool story at an elementary school with the Twice Grammy nominated musical duo, "Trout Fishing in America". I had never heard of them, but I loved what I heard and I must say, inspired on several levels.

So let's recap, Monday and Tuesday - up at 4:45 am, shooting for two stories, editing for two others.

Wednesday - Editing the Monday, Tuesday "Dry Shampoo" story along with "Homeless Soccer".

Thursday - "Finish Homeless Soccer", start and finish "Trout Fishing in America" Feature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Alot of a News Photographer's life is spent working on one story a day, one story at a time"

Wait, what now? I rarely shoot only one story a day...although cramming in editing wherever you can, that sounds familiar. :)

Unknown said...

I should clarify....

Alot of a News Photographer's life is spent working on stories that are shot and put on the air on the same day...usually one package and a vosot or two.