Thursday, March 10, 2005

Saw My Shadow

I saw my shadow today and I realized that in about 10 days, winter will be done.



And that sucks, because here in the Triad of North Carolina we haven't seen much in the way of Winter Weather meaning scenes like these 5 pictures from winters past won't reside on my hard drive for 04-05.



Sure we had a record cold snap and yes we had a some flurries here and there, but only once did any ice really dust the ground really good. And even then the roads were fine.



To see any road covered with snow for any length of time this winter I would have had to go to the Virginia line at least. That's unacceptable.



I don't consider it a good winter unless my driving skills are tested by an ice packed road as I traverse the Coverage Area in search of drivers not quite up to my level of Icy Driving Expertise.



But hey, I've still got a week!

No comments: