Friday, November 17, 2006

21st Annual MidSouth Emmy Nominations
We're IN!

The 21st Annual MidSouth Emmy Nominations were announced Friday night and I can once again say I'll be heading to Nashville in January for the big night.


Nashville ElevatorNashville TN

Reporter Eric White and I received one nomination for General News, while WGHP received a News Excellence Nomination, Chad Tucker and Brad Ingram received a Spot News Nomination and Brad Ingram received an Editing nomination.


Chad TuckerFox 8 Photog Staff (6)Roy Cooper


Eric and my nomination came in the General Assignment Report category for a story we called 'NCAA Cover Up'. We found out about the story while we were covering the set up for the NCAA tournament at the Greensboro colliseum. We had to plead with the bosses to go back and shoot the story where the colliseum workers had to cover up 12-thousand cupholders with a generic NCAA sticker to comply with the NCAA advertising rules. All of the cupholders had drink ads on them.

Eric White

Eric is an excellent reporter, truely deserving of a nomination and it was truely a team effort to make that story happen. As a matter of fact Eric was also recently named NC Reporter of the Year by the RTNDA .

On a side NoteI also want to send out kudos and thanks to Caron Myers. She is putting a lot of effort (and $$$) into getting her own Emmy and still nothing. I really thought a few of my stories with her would pull a nomination. UGH!


See ya in Nashville!



1 comment:

Kenneth said...

Congrats. Hopfully you will get the gold this year.

I didn't make the cut and lost another pile of money. I even put up a story that already won an AP. Emmy doesn't like me. I think I'm going to stick to the stuff the station pays for.

Good luck